Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Feast Your Eyes: I Made and Ate It!

I have a secret - I read, collect, bookmark and save recipes like a collector of fine art orrrr, dare I say it - "a hoarder."  Or maybe I should say,  "My name is Laurie, and I'm a recipeaholic."  Yup, that's me!  I like recipes!  I like to read them and save them, that doesn't mean I ever make them!

There you have it - my deep, dark secret hoarding.  The good thing about having all these recipes is that when the feeling moves me, I can always come up with something new to make.  

Recently, I made two new recipes (new to me) that I think you will enjoy as much as my dinner guests did.  You heard me correctly, I like to use my friends as guinea pigs.  You might come to dinner and get a tried and true dinner or you might get something I've never made before!

First up:

Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles from Ourbestbites.com.  I have to tell you there is not much danger of cooking anything bad if you're making something from their cookbook.



I made this out of their cookbook but the recipe is also on their site (click on the picture for the link.)   I do like green beans and bacon but what really makes this delicious is the rice vinegar, garlic, & onion drizzle over the top.  This is delicious.  I also like that I could get this ready early in the day and then just pop it in the oven at dinner time.

Next:  Candy Apple Salad:


This recipe is from Allrecipes.com.  I have never made it before but it was easy and very delicious.  I exchanged the peanuts (I'm not a very big peanut fan) for pecans.  Other than that, I followed the recipe and it turned out wonderful.  




If you are a recipeaholic like me, get out those recipes and cook something new today or make these recipes.  You won't be disappointed!  

I'm not hoarding any new recipes today cause today is my baby's birthday and I'm making him his favorite meal for his birthday!  
Happy 26th, Mikey!  

~Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...